Bayar Balgantseren is an emerging photographer who has studied his craft under the guidance of Oktyabri Dash and Badamsambuu Genjdenjamts, two Mongolian professional photographers. Although a trained economist, he has been actively pursuing his passion for photography since 2006.
He has acquired his skills through practical experience and extensive online self-study. He frequently travels in some of the most remote places in Mongolia and abroad (for example in North America and Asia). His work aims to break grounds in the art of photographing nature, landscapes, birds, wildlife, and Mongolian lifestyles.
Bayar’s work has received national acclaim and he has won many premier awards in Mongolia:
– First place in the Nature Photography category, Mongolian Press Photo 2012;
– Third place, Mongolian Birds by Mongolian Centre for Wildlife Protection 2012;
– Best Participant, EZnis contest My Beautiful Country 2012;
– Nominated as one of the 40 best photos of 2012, Mongolian Flickr group;
– Best Photo, French CIS company’s photo contest 2011;
His first publication Bayar’s Impressions is out in print and preparations for his first photo exhibition are underway for mid-September 2013.
Bayar was born in 1962 in Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia, where he lives with his wife. He has four children.
Tel: +976 99089162
Email: tertbayar AT yahoo DOT com
Ulaanbaatar city, Mongolia.